Monday, August 24, 2009

Polly Pockets

In the early 1980's the cutest little doll collection was introduced. It was called "Polly Pockets". It was the sweetest idea. A little bitty doll that you could carry around in your pocket. It fit so nice you hardly knew it was there. Huh. When did they enlarge the doll?

As a mother, it seems like I have always carried things in my pockets for my children. You know what I'm talking about. Crayons, bubble gum, marbles. The normal stuff kids desperately NEED to save. And as a mother, you are entrusted to hold them, until such time as the kids remember them or they go to bed whichever comes first. At the end of the day, it always amazed me to look at the collection that was there. When we first started the cleaning service I would stick all kinds of stuff i my pockets so that I wouldn't vacuum them up. Paper clips, those little twist ties from the bread loaves. Stuff. I always had stuff in my pockets.

It seems recently that my pockets don't carry things as comfortably as they used to. I am sure that if I did a little research I would discover that it was some woman hating men sitting around sewing machines in a factory somewhere making the pockets smaller. I mean, come on. It surely wasn't a woman's idea to do the tiny top part of the pocket in the same material as the pants only to have this HUGE wedge of bright white cloth sticking out of it once you get the pants on. Have you seen a side view of that????? It's a conspiracy I tell you.

A few weeks ago I absentmindedly dropped some change into my pocket. It became uncomfortable, but die hard that I am, I didn't reach in there and take it out. No, no ,no I just proceeded on with my day. As I was getting changed for bed that evening I noticed the most peculiar thing. George Washington's face was embedded onto my leg. A little ink and I could have had a tattoo. Good night Agnes. When did my pockets get this small?????

My Wii Mii and I are now doing pocket duty. We have determined that we will work a little harder to make my pockets a little easier to work with. Wii now are learning to Wii Box. Wii enjoy it and it gives our pocket area a good workout. I am still not sure if this is some kind of a wardrobe conspiracy, but for right now Wii will work with what Wii've got.

1 comment: