Friday, November 20, 2009

They're Baaaaaaack !!!

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. The most wonderful thing has happened. All of you young mothers out there, take heart. Your days of fussin' and fightin' with your children in the morning to get them dressed for school are over. Do you hear me? Jump for joy, because I saw the commercial. Garranimals are back.

In the early 70's (oh my goodness.....some of you were just babes yourselves), the most wonderful idea was born in the clothing department. They were called Garranimals. Does anyone remember these life savers? Mornings no longer held the dreaded "this doesn't match". Garranimals were MADE to match. And they were such fun to match up. Each animal was color coordinated for easy matching. Monkeys went with monkeys, giraffes with giraffes. The animal kingdom reigned supreme in our house. It was easy. It was fun. And face it....it was simple. No guess work. Look at the little picture on the tag on the collar of the shirt and then go to the closet and find the pair of pants that had the same animal. Anyone could dress their children for success. Ingenious I tell you.

I have never been one to mix and match my colors, or fabrics. Black shirt? Simple....black pants. Red pants? Easy. A matching red blouse. If I was really feeling bold the red blouse might have a different accent color in it. But let's not get crazy. Green with green, blue with blue. You get the idea right? It was simple really. A recipe for success. Well it was until recently.

As anyone who knows me well can attest, I love the color purple. My bowling ball and towel are purple. I have lots of shades of purple eyeshadow and scrunchies for my hair. Purple is for royalty. Purple is peaceful. Purple is the color that my Wii Mii wears. Except when she is working out.

Whose idea was it to put her in white. Have you seen what happens to us when wii wear white? I try not to ever outdo her with my mad wardrobe skills so I too gotten a white workout outfit. I would put it on in the morning to do my yoga routine with her. I boldly wore it while performing my advanced step with her. I wore it proudly. Until I actually saw myself in the mirror. Something was wrong. I did not look cute like shii did. White on white does not necessarily make cute on cute. I looked like a very bad version of a Pillsbury Dough boy. What was shii thinking? Shii should have told my Mii that Wii didn't look our best. It should have come from her BEFORE I got a full view of myself in the bedroom mirror. The gasp that escaped from me could be heard blocks away. The look of a wet marshmallow was not what I was going for.

So.......I realize that the Garranimal look might not be for everyone. Oh your young mothers should still do yourself a favor and stock up on them. Save your stress for the things that really matter in life. Bill collectors and telemarketers that call just when you get those precious babies down for a much needed nap. For me? I am going to put on my blue jammie bottoms with my blue jammie top. You know....the one with the cute little monkeys on it.

2 comments:

  1. Garrianimals??? Boy, am I over the hill!! I had grandkids in the 70s and I still don’t know anything about them. They sound like something I could have used though, because taking my granddaughter shopping was a lesson in forebearance, creativity and heaven only knows what else. Nothing suited! Sounds like Garrianimals would have filled the bill. Oh well, I’ll just leave all that kind of joy to them now.

    I’ve got to tell you Nansii, you nailed it with the “white on white” concept! Can’t even imagine myself in a white workout outfit! Your description of a “wet marshmallow” is priceless and would probably apply to most of us…you know, those over the 50+ age group (then add another couple of decades for me and my group!). As you’re describing, I’ll visualizing…and laughing and laughing and holding my sides.

    Thanks for the laugh time, Nansii. Keep it up, cuz we need your humor in our lives.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Garanimals...They were great. Easy and fun for the kids. As for your cheese write up..I loved that. Will read a few more now. You my old friend are talented....funny and a joy to know!

    ReplyDelete