Monday, December 28, 2009

Twas the Weak Before Christmas

Twas the "weak" before Christmas
And out on my porch
I was watching intently
For the "Ups" man of course.

The stockings were hung
On the old family hutch
With no fireplace for us
This will work in a clutch.

With me in my apron
Just baking away
The cookies and breads
For our big family day.

The presents were wrapped
With the ribbon and bows
The music was playing
Ahh yes, it's my zone.

Then all of a sudden,
my dogs start to chatter.
I rose from my chair
To see what was the matter.

I ran to the parlor,
Threw open the door.
I knew he was coming
Who the present was for.

Then what to my wandering eyes
Did I see?
That big old brown truck
He was parked by my tree.

I jumped off the porch
And I ran to his side
I signed my John Hancock
And my smile did not hide.

He might have worn brown
And his tummy didn't jiggle.
But I knew in my heart
He was really Kris Kringle.

I carefully carried
the box with such glee.
And put it down gently,
cause this one's for me!!

I turned and I waved
And I bid him adieu
I knew in my heart,
He had plenty to do.

Yet I heard him exclaim
as he drove down my road.
"Merry Christmas to all,
I have finished my load".

1 comment:

  1. Nansii my friend...

    PRICELESS!!! Loved it! Watch out though folks, this little ditty might start edging "Twas The Night Before Christmas" aside. :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete